Warm Chorizo & Chickpea Salad
Prep 5 mins. Cook 20 mins
With well sourced ingredients, this meal can be absolutely delicious. Ideal for this time of year as we try to convince ourselves that winter is a thing of the past. I always think that extra couple of quid is worth it to get the very best chorizo you can. No one likes to be biting through sinew as they enjoy a tasty meal. Better yet, this meal packs in 3 of those ever so important 5-a-day.
- 280g pack cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 12 semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 100g bag rocket, to serve
- In a large frying pan, dry-fry the chorizo until golden for about 10 mins, then use a slotted spoon to scoop it from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and peppers to the pan and soften in the chorizo fat for 10 mins. Stir in the chickpeas and tomatoes, warming through.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and season. Serve in bowls with handfuls of rocket on top.
Recipe from BBC Good Food Magazine