Quick Prawn, Coconut and Tomato Curry
An amazingly quick solution to a rich, filling and versatile family curry. Not sharing with the kids? Then ditch the lighter paste for something with a bigger kick.
Prep 10 mins. Cook 20 mins
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic, green chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut cream
- 350g raw prawns
- coriander sprigs and rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion, garlic and half the chilli for 5 mins or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 min more. Add the tomato purée, stock and coconut cream.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 mins, then add the prawns. Cook for 3 mins or until they turn opaque. Scatter on the remaining green chillies and coriander sprigs, then serve with rice.